A companion to American thought
- edited by Richard Wightman Fox and James T. Kloppenberg.
- Oxford ; Cambridge, Mass. : Blackwell Publishers, 1995.
- Physical description
- xv, 804 p. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Contributors. Introduction. How to use this Book. Dictionary Entries A-Z. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781557862686 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This outstanding book assesses the whole sweep of American thought from the colonial era to the present day. Some two hundred and fifty scholars - from history, literature, religion, philosophy, political theory, and the social sciences - have written original and substantial essays on pivotal topics and figures in the history of American intellectual endeavor and achievement. Includes concise biographical entries, suggested further reading, extensive cross-references and a complete index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781557862686 20160527
- Publication date
- 1557862680 : £60.00
- 9781557862686 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: