Reshaping public power : Northern Ireland and the British constitutional crisis
- John Morison and Stephen Livingstone.
- London : Sweet & Maxwell, 1995.
- Physical description
- xii, 244 p. ; 22 cm.
- Modern legal studies
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Constitutionalism under assault. Reviving constitutionalism? - the non option of reform. The Northern Ireland Constitutional debate: the Endgame of Westminsterism. The real constitution of Northern Ireland. Getting the business of government done. The external dimension. Northern Ireland and the English problem. A brief political-constitutional chronology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Reshaping Public Power considers new developments in the exercise of public powers in Britain. Its comprehensive coverage shows the trends nascent in the UK by analysing the use of public powers in Northern Ireland, and illustrates with examples the new ways of approaching government in Northern Ireland. * Provides suitable background reading for constitutional and administrative law courses * Uses Northern Ireland as a case study to illustrate how government works * Offers insight into the trends and possible future development of Westminster-style constitutionalism.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: