Dido and Aeneas : opera in 3 acts [sound recording]
- Purcell ; words by Nahum Tate.
- Uniform Title
- Dido and Aeneas
- London : Chandos, p1981.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Publication date
- First performed in 1689 at Josias Priest's Boarding School, Chelsea.
- Produced in connection with the Open University Second Level Course A203: Seventeenth Century England: A Changing Culture 1618-1689, by Campbell Hughes and Robert Philip of the BBC.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Richard Luckett in container.
- Emma Kirkby, Judith Nelson, Judith Rees, Emily van Evera, Rachel Bevan, Tessa Bonner, sopranos; David Thomas, bass-baritone; Jantina Noorman, mezzo-soprano; Taverner Choir; Taverner Players; Andrew Parrott, conductor.
- Recorded in Rosslyn Hill Chapel, London on 3/4/5 January 1981.
- Publisher Number
- Chandos CHAN 8306
Browse related items
Start at call number: