Children of Sanchez [sound recording]
- Chuck Mangione.
- Uniform Title
- Children of Sanchez. Selections
- Hollywood, Calif. : A&M Records, p1978.
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs (84 min.) : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|A&M SP-6700||In-library use|
Media & Microtext Center
- Children of Sanchez overture (vocal, Don Potter)(14:07)
- Lullabye (3:48)
- Fanfare (1:05)
- Pilgrimage (Part I)(2:57)
- Pilgrimage (Part II)(2:37)
- Consuelo's love theme (vocals, Don Potter, Phyllis Hyman)(17:04)
- Hot Consuelo (4:01)
- Death scene (4:42)
- Market place (3:08)
- Echano (2:37)
- Bellavia (3:15)
- Lullabye (vocal, Don Potter)(3:37)
- Medley (8:20)
- B'bye (8:27)
- Children of Sanchez finale (vocal, Don Potter)(3:02).
- Motion picture music.
- Publication date
- "Composed ... for the Hall Bartlett motion picture based on the Oscar Lewis biography, The children of Sanchez"--Container.
- Manual sequence.
- Program notes and selected song texts by the composer on container.
- Featuring Chuck Mangione, flugelhorn, keyboards ; Chris Valdala saxophones, flutes, clarinet ; Grant Giessman, guitars ; Charles Meeks, bass ; James Bradley, Jr., drums, percussion ; Don Potter, vocals ; with additional supporting instrumentalists.
- Recorded at Kendun Recorders in Burbank, California.
- Related Work
- Lewis, Oscar, 1914-1970 Children of Sanchez: the autobiography of a Mexican family.
- Publisher Number
- SP-6700 A&M Records
Browse related items
Start at call number: