Alessandro Moreschi : the complete recordings
- Sparrows Green, East Sussex : Opal ; N.Y. [i.e. New York] : Dist. by Qualiton Imports, ℗1984.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|OPAL 823||In-library use|
- Domine salvum fac Pontificem nostrum Leonem / Giovanni Aldega (with chorus)
- Et incarnatus est/Crucifixus / Luigi Pratesi (with chorus)
- Ideale / Paolo Tosti
- Ave verum / Salvatore Meluzzi (with Singers of the Sistine Chapel)
- Tui sunt coeli / Gustavo Edoardo Stehle (with Chorus of the Sistine Chapel)
- Ave verum / W.A. Mozart (with quartet and Singers of the Sistine Chapel)
- Crucifixus : from the Petite Messe Solenelle / G. Rossini (recorded 1902)
- Crucifixus : from the Petite Messe Solenelle (recorded 1904)
- Pie Jesu : versetto from the Dies irae / Leibach
- Hostias et preces / Eugenio Terziani
- Preghiera / Paolo Tosti
- Ave Maria / Bach-Gounod
- Incipit lamentatio : Gregorian chant
- Laudamus te : from the Mass of Saint Bonaventura / Gaetano Capocci (trio: Moreschi, Boezi, Dado, with boys' choir ; Moreschi, conductor)
- Improperia / Tomaso Ludovico Vittoria (with chorus of Roman choristers ; Baron Kanzler, conductor)
- La cruda mia nemica / Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (quartet ; Kanzler, conductor)
- Oremus pro Pontifice / Emilio Calzanera (chorus of Roman choristers ; Moreschi, conductor)
- The voice of Pope Leo XIII (recorded
- 5 February, 1903).
- Release date
- Production date
- Principally sacred music with piano acc. or unacc.
- "Moreschi .. was the last known castrato, and the only one to have made records. His recordings were made in 1902 and 1904 at the Vatican where he was a soloist ... includes all twelve records which Professor Moreschi is known to have made, as well as five choral records on which his voice is clearly discernible"--Container.
- Distributor from label on container.
- Program notes, notes on the recordings, and biographical notes on Moreschi on and in container (2 p.).
- Alessandro Moreschi, castrato ; various vocalists, choruses, and conductors.
- Recorded Apr. 3 and 5, 1902 (1st-7th works) and Apr. 11, 1904 (remainder).
- Publisher Number
- OPAL 823 Opal
Browse related items
Start at call number: