The Fenby legacy [sound recording]
- music of Delius.
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- Holland : Unicorn-Kanchana, p1981.
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo., ambisonic UHJ ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
- Songs of farewell : chorus and orchestra. How sweet the silent backward tracings (4:19) ; I stand as on some mighty eagle's beak (4:55) ; Passage to you (4:03) ; Joy, shipmate, joy! (1:42) ; Now finalè to the shore (4:04)
- Idyll : soprano, baritone and orchestra (23:52)
- Fantastic dance : orchestra (3:50)
- A song of summer : orchestra (10:08)
- Cynara : baritone and orchestra (10:48)
- Irmelin prelude : orchestra (5:40)
- A late lark : tenor and orchestra (6:18)
- La Calinda : orchestra / [arr. by Eric Fenby from music appearing in Act II of the opera Koanga] (4:02)
- Caprice and elegy : cello and small orchestra (8:07)
- Two aquarelles : string orchestra / [arr. by Fenby from the
- 2 unacc. choruses To be sung of a summer night on the water] (5:00).
- Included Work
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Songs of farewell.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934 Idyll.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Fantastic dance.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Song of summer.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Cynara.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Irmelin (Orchestral work).
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934 Late lark.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. Koanga. Dansons la calinda.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934 Caprice and elegy.
- Delius, Frederick, 1862-1934. To be sung of a summer night on the water; arranged.
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892 > Musical settings.
- Dowson, Ernest Christopher, 1867-1900 > Musical settings.
- Henley, William Ernest, 1849-1903 > Musical settings.
- Vocal music.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
- Vocal duets with orchestra.
- Songs (Medium voice) with orchestra.
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra.
- Orchestral music.
- Cello with chamber orchestra.
- String orchestra music, Arranged.
- Publication date
- "Recorded under the auspices of the Delius Trust. Published by Boosey & Hawkes."
- Words of the 1st and 2nd works by Walt Whitman, those of the 5th by Ernest Dowson, and those of the 7th by W. E. Henley.
- Digital recording.
- Program notes by Christopher Palmer on container; texts of the sung works ( p. : ill.) inserted.
- Felicity Lott, soprano (in the 2nd work) ; Anthony Rolfe Johnson, tenor (in the 7th) ; Thomas Allen, baritone (in the 2nd and 5th) ; Julian Lloyd Webber, violoncello (in the 9th) ; Ambrosian Singers (in the 1st) ; Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ; Eric Fenby, conductor.
- "Songs of Farewell and Song of Summer recorded at Watford Town Hall, London on 10th and 11th February 1981. All other items recorded at Barking Assembly Hall, London, on 30th and 31st March and 2nd April 1981."--Inserted leaflet.
- Included Work
- Songs of farewell.
- Fantastic dance.
- A song of summer.
- Irmelin prelude.
- A late lark.
- La calinda.
- Caprice and elegy.
- Two aquarelles.
- Publisher Number
- DKP 9008--DKP 9009 Unicorn-Kanchana
- DKP 9008 Unicorn-Kanchana
- DKP 9009 Unicorn-Kanchana
Browse related items
Start at call number: