James Joyce's Chamber music [sound recording]
- [musical settings by G. Molyneux Palmer]
- Uniform Title
- Chamber music, high voice, piano
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, p1993.
- Physical description
- 1 sound cassette (40 min.) : analog.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
For use in Archive of Recorded Sound
|C 31||In-library use|
- Palmer, G. Molyneux (Geoffrey Molyneux), 1882-1957.
- White, Robert, 1936 October 27- Performer
- Sanders, Samuel Performer
- Strings in the earth and air
- The twilight turns from amethyst
- At that hour
- When the shy star
- Lean out of the window
- I would in that sweet bosom be
- My love is in a light attire
- Who goes among the green wood?
- Winds of May
- Bright cap and streamers
- Bid adieu
- Go seek her out
- My dove, my beautiful one
- From dewy dreams
- O cool is the valley
- Because your voice
- O sweetheart, hear you
- Be not sad
- In the dark pinewood
- He who hath glory lost
- Of that so sweet imprisonment
- This heart that flutters near my heart
- Silently she's combing
- Lightly come or lightly go
- Thou leanest to the shell of night
- Though I thy Mithridates were
- Gentle lady
- Love came to us in time gone by
- O it was out by Donnycarney
- Sleep now
- All day I hear
- I hear an army.
- Publication date
- Settings for voice and piano of 32 of Joyce's 36 poems that comprise the latter's Chamber music.
- Sung in English.
- Companion score of the same title, edited by Myra Teicher Russel, published by Indiana University Press.
- Biographical and program notes on insert.
- Robert White, tenor ; Samuel Sanders, piano.
- Companion score shelved in the Music Library (M1621.P174C4 1993).
- Related Work
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941. Chamber music.
- Related Work
- Chamber music.
Browse related items
Start at call number: