Tables of physical and chemical constants
- originally compiled by G.W.C. Kaye and T.H. Laby ; now prepared under the direction of an editorial committee.
- 16th ed.
- Essex, England ; New York : Longman Scientific & Technical, c1995.
- Physical description
- (xi), 611 p. ; 26 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QC61 .K3 1995||In-library use|
- Kaye, G. W. C. (George William Clarkson), 1880-1941.
- Laby, T. H. (Thomas Howell), 1880-1946.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Units and Fundamental Constants: 1.1 Units. 1.2 Fundamental physical constants. 2. General Physics: 2.1 Measurements of mass, pressure and other mechanical quantities. 2.2 Mechanical properties of materials. 2.3 Temperature and heat. 2.4 Acoustics. 2.5 Radiation and optics. 2.6 Electricity and magnetism. 2.7 Astronomy and geophysics. 3. Chemistry: 3.1 The elements. 3.2 Properties of inorganic compounds. 3.3 Properties of organic compounds. 3.4 Vapour pressures. 3.5 Critical constants and second virial coefficients of gases. 3.6 Properties of solutions. 3.7 Properties of chemical bonds. 3.8 Molecular spectroscopy. 3.9 Electrochemistry. 3.10 Chemical thermodynamics. 3.11 Miscellaneous data 4. Atomic and Nuclear Physics: 4.1 Electrons in atoms. 4.2 Absorption of photons. 4.3 Work function. 4.4 Free electron and ions in gases. 4.5 Absorption of particles and dosimetry. 4.6 Radioactive elements. 4.7 Nuclear fission and fusion and neutron interactions. 4.8 Nuclei and particles. 5. Miscellaneous engineering data. 6. Statistical methods for the treatment of experimental data. 7. Laboratory safety. 8. Introduction to quality assurance in measurement. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780582226296 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- The Sixteenth Edition retains its position as the most up-to-date reference work available, providing a unique coverage of the whole range of physical and chemical data available, in a single volume. In addition to the latest available values and a wealth of new material, this edition features improved accessibility, simplified illustrations, key references, and most importantly, introductory text in each section, allowing the data to be quickly understood and used with ease.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780582226296 20160527
- Publication date
- Also available on the Internet via the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: