Class stratification : a comparative perspective
- Richard Breen and David B. Rottman.
- New York : Harvester Wheatsheaf, 1995.
- Physical description
- 206 p.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword: What This Book is About 1. Making Sense of Stratification 2. Stratification Theorists 3. Class Stratifications 4. Class Structure in Advanced Societies: Patterns and Variations 5. Social Mobility 6. Class in Geographical Perspective 7. Challenges to Class Analysis 8. Class and Social Power References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An introductory account of the concept of class stratification, of contemporary approaches to the study of class, and of current debates about its role in the study of society. Definitions and an analysis of different theoretical approaches to class are accompanied by empirical material which compares the class structures of a range of countries and examines social mobility in cross-national perspective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Social classes.
- Publication date
- 074501268X : $22.00