Rosalind Rees sings William Schuman [sound recording].
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|COMPOSERS RECORDINGS CRI SD 439||In-library use|
- Schuman, William, 1910-1992.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982.
- Rees, Rosalind Performer
- Graham, Robin (Horn player) Performer
- Schwarz, Gerard, 1947- Conductor
- Muraco, Thomas. Performer
- Orpheus Trio. Performer
- White Mountains Festival Orchestra. Performer
- In sweet music : serenade on a setting of Shakespeare for flute, viola, voice, and harp (25:42)
- The young dead soldiers : lamentation for soprano, French horn, eight woodwinds, and nine strings / poem by Archibald MacLeish (14:53)
- Time to the old : three song set on words of Archibald MacLeish. The old gray couple ; Conway burying ground ; Dozing on the lawn (10:54).
- Included Work
- Schuman, William, 1910-1992. In sweet music.
- Schuman, William, 1910-1992. Young dead soldiers.
- Schuman, William, 1910-1992. Time to the old.
- Publication date
- American contemporary
- Eds. recorded: Merion Music.
- Program notes by Gregg Smith and texts on container, continued on leaf inserted.
- Rosalind Rees, soprano ; Orpheus Trio (in 1st work) ; Robin Graham, horn, White Mountains Festival Orchestra, Gerald Schwarz, conductor (in 2nd) ; Thomas Muraco, piano (in 3rd).
- Recorded May, Aug., and Sept. 1980.
- Publisher Number
- CRI SD 439 CRI
- SD 439 CRI
Browse related items
Start at call number: