The apostles, op. 49 [sound recording]
- Uniform Title
- Connoisseur Society p1976
- Physical description
- 3 discs. 33 1/3 rpm. stereo. 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
- Elgar, Edward, 1857-1934.
- Armstrong, Sheila Performer
- Watts, Helen Performer
- Tear, Robert Performer
- Luxon, Benjamin Performer
- Grant, Clifford. Performer
- Case, John Carol Performer
- Boult, Adrian, 1889-1983 Conductor
- London Philharmonic Choir Performer
- Downe House School. Choir.
- London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Publication date
- "An EMI Recording."
- Previously issued on His Master's Voice SLS 976 (SAN 355-357)
- Recorded in Kingsway Hall, London.
- Program notes by M. Kennedy and libretto, compiled by the composer from the Bible and the apocrypha (10 p. ill.) laid in container.
- "The apostles and The kingdom; illustrated talk by Sir Adrian Boult; script by Michael Kennedy and Sir Adrian Boult": side 6.
- Oratorio; Sheila Armstrong, soprano; Helen Watts, alto; Robert Tear, tenor; Benjamin Luxon, Clifford Grant, John Carol Case, basses; London Philharmonic Choir; Choir of Downe House School; London Philharmonic Orchestra; Sir Adrian Boult, conductor.
- Publisher Number
- CS 3-2094 Connoisseur Society