The Oxford companion to wine
- edited by Jancis Robinson.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1994.
- Physical description
- xvi, 1088 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Robinson, Jancis.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Edited by award-winning wine writer Jancis Robinson, and featuring over 3000 alphabetically-listed entries, this reference covers all aspects of wine: historical, geographical, social, scientific, and cultural. As well as authoritative entries on wine-making, wine appreciation and the wine trade, the book offers both amateur and professional wine enthusiasts an enormous body of background information - from Dionysian revels in ancient Greece to Prohibition in 1920s America; from decanters, corkscrews and glasses to soil types, pruning and labelling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Wine and wine making.
- Publication date
- Winner of Glenfiddich Awards: Drink Book of the Year 1995.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198661597 20160528
- 0198661592 (acid-free) : $49.95 (U.S.)
- 9780198661597 (acid-free)
Browse related items
Start at call number: