Overture for an American (1958) [sound recording].
- Essay for brass and winds (1954)
- Uniform Title
- Overture for an American
- Composers Recordings CRI 185. 
- Physical description
- 1 disc. 33 1/3 rpm. 12 in. microgroove.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
- Included Work
- Mayer, William, 1925-2017 Essay for brass and winds.
- Publication date
- London Philharmonic Orchestra; Russell Stanger, conductor (in the 1st work). New York Brass and Woodwind Ensemble; Emanuel Balaban, conductor (in the 2d work).
- Includes the composer's Country fair (1957) for 2 trumpets and trombone (Robert Nagel Brass Trio).
- Duration: 10 min., 17 sec., and 10 min., 30 sec., respectively.
- Program notes, in part by the composer, on container.
- WITH: Siegmeister, E. Symphony, no. 3
- Related Work
- Essay for brass and winds.
- Country fair.
- Publisher Number
- CRI 185 Composers Recordings
Browse related items
Start at call number: