Abortion in the new Europe : a comparative handbook
- edited by Bill Rolston & Anna Eggert.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1994.
- Physical description
- xxx, 312 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -300) and index.
- Introduction: Abortion in Europe, Present and Future by Bill Rolston and Anna Eggert-- Austria by Oskar Lehner-- Belgium by Vicky Claeys-- Britain by Madeleine Simms-- Bulgaria by Dimiter Vassilev-- Czech and Slovak Republics by Radim Uzel-- Denmark by Nell Rasmussen-- Finland by Marketta Ritamies-- France by Colette Gallard-- Germany by Sabine Klein-Schonnefeld-- Hungary by Adam Balogh and Laszlo Lampe-- Ireland by Anna Eggert and Bill Rolston-- Netherlands by Evert Ketting-- Norway by Brita Gulli-- Poland by Jolanta Plakwicz and Eleonora Zielinska-- Portugal by Duarte Vilar-- Spain by Encarna Bodelon Gonzalez-- Sweden by Katarina Lindahl-- Switzerland by Anne-Marie Rey-- USSR by Andrej Popov.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Considers the status of abortion in Europe in the 1990s. Each chapter provides an overview of abortion in the subject country, including the historical background; the current legal, medical and social situation; and the political forces for and against abortion.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0313287236 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780313287237 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: