An introduction to S and S-plus
- Phil Spector.
- Belmont, Calif. : Duxbury Press, c1994.
- Physical description
- xiii, 286 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA76.73 .S15 S63 1994||Unknown|
- Spector, Phil.
- 1. Introduction 2. Data in S 3. Operators and Functions 4. Subsetting and Reshaping Data 5. Functions in S 6. Programming in S 7. Printing and Formatting 8. Graphics in S 9. Statistical Models 10. Random Sampling APPENDICES / A: Technical Report Writing / B. Technical Report Writing Checklist.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780534198664 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This guide's rich, concrete examples and step-by step approach make learning S easy and fun. The author, an internationally known S specialist, has been teaching and researching with S for many years. He focuses on data analysis and graphic data exploration and teaches by example the new philosophy of object-oriented analysis while training the student in the syntax and use of the language. The book is intended for graduate and upper-division undergraduate courses in statistics both for statisticians and for other disciplines where S or S-PLUS is used.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780534198664 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 053419866X (acid-free recycled paper)
- 9780534198664 (acid-free recycled paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: