Desires and disguises : five Latin American photographers
- edited and translated by Amanda Hopkinson.
- London : Serpent's Tail, 1992.
- Physical description
- 80 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 22 cm. x 27 cm.
- Hopkinson, Amanda, 1948-
- Image hunters / Elena Poniatowska
- Portobelo, Panama / Sandra Eleta
- Chilean disguises / Paz Errázuriz
- Ways of the cross in Guatemala / María Cristina Orive
- The streets of Buenos Aires / Sara Facio
- Mexican street gangs of Los Angeles and Tijuana / Graciela Iturbide
Five established women photographers from different Latin American countries document their distinct communities in this volume. The subjects include the Indian celebrations of Holy Week, Chilean boxers and street entertainers, politics in Buenos Aires and Hispanic female street gangs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: