The dictionary of 20th century British book illustrators
- by Alan Horne.
- Woodbridge, Suffolk : Antique Collectors' Club, c1994.
- Physical description
- 456 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
- Includes bibliographical references.
This dictionary contains over 1000 entries and is aimed at book and book illustration collectors and at art historians. The subject matter ranges from children's literature to war art, the humourous to the world of fantasy. The book starts with an overview of the subject, examining the revival of wood engravings, the production of fine illustrated books, commercial art, book jackets and children's book illustrations. Each entry consists of brief biographic details, followed by details of education, especially art schools attended, career and influences. For further reference, notes give titles, dates and publishers of books illustrated, exhibitions held, collections and bibliographies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- British book illustrators
- Dictionary of twentieth century British book illustrators
- 20th century British book illustrators
Browse related items
Start at call number: