Nitrosamines and related N-nitroso compounds : chemistry and biochemistry
- Richard N. Loeppky, Christopher J. Michejda.
- Washington, DC : American Chemical Society, 1994.
- Physical description
- 388 p.
- ACS symposium series 553
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nitrosamine and N-Nitroso Compound Chemistry and Biochemistry: Advances and Perspectives-- Nitrosamines in Sunscreens and Cosmetic Products: Occurrence, Formation, and Trends-- N-Nitrosodimethylamine in Nonfat Dry Milk-- Prevention of Nitrosamine Exposure in the Rubber Industry-- Blocking Nitrosamine Formation: Understanding the Chemistry of Rapid Nitrosation-- Quantitative Aspects of Nitrosamine Denitrosation-- Peptide Nitrosations-- Nitrosatable Secondary Amines: Exogenous and Endogenous Exposure and Nitrosation in Vivo-- Improved Methods for Analysis of N-Nitroso Compounds and Applications in Human Biomonitoring-- DNA Damage and Cytotoxicity Caused by Nitric Oxide-- Chemistry of the "NONOates": Unusual N-Nitroso Compounds Formed by Reacting Nitric Oxide with Nucleophiles-- Nitric Oxide Production and Catalysis of N-Nitroso Compound Formation by Woodchucks (Marmota monax) and Woodchuck Hepatocytes in Culture-- Activation of N-Nitrosodialkylamines by Metalloporphyrin Models of Cytochrome P-450-- Kinetics and Enzymes Involved in the Metabolism of Nitrosamines-- Potential Mechanism of Action of Nitrosamines with Hydroxy, Oxo or Carboxy Groups-- Activation of *b-Hydroxyalklnitrosamines: Evidence for Involvement of a Sulfotransferase-- Hemoglobin Adducts, DNA Adducts, and Urinary Metabolites of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines as Biochemical Markers of Their Uptake and Metabolic Activation in Humans-- Metabolism of N#'-Nitrosonornicotine by Rat Liver, Oral Tissue and Esophageal Microsomes-- Mechanisms of Inhibition of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamine-Induced Lung Tumorigenesis in A/J Mice-- Chemical Structure of Nitrosamines Related to Carcinogenesis-- Formation of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines: Carcinogenicity and Role of Dietary Fat in Their Carcinogenicity-- Mechanism of N-Nitrosodimethylamine Hepatotoxicity-- Genetic Tumor Epidemiology: Identifying Causative Carcinogenic Agents and Their Transforming Mutations-- Electrophilic Addition to "AminoNONOate" (R'R NN(O)NO]-) Ions-- Nitric Oxide-Nucleophile Complexes as Ligands: Structural Aspects of the Coordinated NONOate Functional Group in Novel Mixed-Ligand, Non-Nitrosyl Metal Complexes-- Radical Cations in Nitrosation of tert-Dialkyl Aromatic Amines-- Nitrosamide Formation from Foodstuffs-- Tocopherol Inhibition of NO[2-Mediated Nitrosation: In Vitro and Biological Superiority of *g-Tocopherol-- pH Changes in Smokeless Tobaccos Undergoing Nitrosation-- Oxidation of Alkylnitrosamines via the Fenton Reagent: Use of Nitrosamines To Probe Oxidative Intermediates in the Fenton Reaction-- Structures of Mutagens Formed from Fenton-Type Oxidation of N-Nitrosodialkylamines-- Metabolism of Methylbutyl- and Methylamylnitrosamine by Rat and Human Esophagus and Other Tissues and Induction of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma in Rats-- Chemistry of Putative Intermediates in Bioactivation of *b-Oxidized Nitrosamines-- Modulation of N-Nitrosomethylbenzylamine Metabolism in Rats by Concurrently Administered Ethanol and Diallyl Sulfide-- DNA Adducts Induced by Pancreas-Specific Nitrosamines-- DNA Pyridyloxobutylation: 4-(Acetoxymethylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone Inhibits the Repair of O'5-Methylguanine-- Sequence-Specific Methylation of Single- and Double-Stranded DNA by Methylnitrosourea-- Detection of Tobacco-Related Hemoglobin Adducts by Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry-- Nonvolatile N-Nitrosamides in Dried Squid: Analysis by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography-Photolysis-Chemiluminescence-- N-Nitrosodiphenylamine in Diphenylamine-Treated Apples: Analysis by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography-UV Photolysis-Chemiluminescence-- Accumulation of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines during Curing and Aging of Tobacco-- Human Exposure to a Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamino Acid-- Significance of Nitrosamines in Betel Quid Carcinogenesis-- Characterization of N-Nitrosamino Acids in Tobacco Products and Assessment of Their Carcinogenic Potential-- Analysis of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines in Tobacco and Tobacco Smoke.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780841228566 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Presents recent advances in prevention of nitrosamine formation in vitro and in vivo. Discusses mechanisms of N-nitroso compound formation and denitrosation. Reviews the metabolism of nitrosamines and the modification of DNA and proteins by the products of metabolism. Examines the effects of dietary components and other chemopreventive agents on N-nitroso compound metabolism and carcinogenicity. Discusses the use of specific biomarkers of nitrosamine exposure in humans and in animal models and covers their role in the molecular epidemiology of tobacco-derived nitrosamines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780841228566 20160528
- Publication date
- "Developed from a symposium sponsored by the Division of Agricultural and Food Chemistry at the 204th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Washington, D.C., August 23-28, 1992."
Browse related items
Start at call number: