Carmen sings Monk [sound recording]
- Carmen McRae.
- Uniform Title
- Instrumental music. Selections; arranged
- Ocean, NJ : Jazz Heritage, , p1990.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (66 min., 2 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Get it straight (live) (Straight, no chaser) (3:55)
- Dear Ruby (Ruby, my dear) (5:55)
- It's over now (Well, you needn't) (5:24)
- Monkery's the blues (Blue Monk) (4:51)
- You know who (I mean you) (3:26)
- Little butterfly (Pannonica) (5:12)
- Listen to Monk (Rhythm-a-ning) (3:03)
- How I wish-- (Ask me now) (4:52)
- Man, that was a dream (Monk's dream) (2:51)
- Round midnight (6:27)
- Still we dream (Ugly beauty) (3:23)
- Suddenly (In walked Bud) (live) (3:36)
- Looking back (Reflections) (5:31)
- Suddenly (In walked Bud) (3:08)
- Get it straight (Straight, no chaser) (3:28).
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Compact disc.
- Instrumental works of Monk set as songs.
- "Manufactured under license from the RCA/Novus label of BMG Music [3086-2-N]".
- Program notes by Stuart Troup (6 p. : ports.) in container.
- Carmen McRae, vocals ; Al Foster, drums ; George Mraz, acoustic bass ; Clifford Jordan (studio tracks) or Charlie Rouse (live tracks), saxes ; Eric Gunnison (studio tracks) or Larry Willis (live tracks), piano.
- Recorded: Clinton Studios, New York, Apr. 1988, or live at Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, Jan. 30-Feb. 1, 1988.
- Publisher Number
- 513278Y Jazz Heritage
- 3086-2-N Novus
Browse related items
Start at call number: