The Ghetto underclass : social science perspectives
- edited by William Julius Wilson.
- Updated ed.
- Newbury Park, Ca. : Sage Publications, c1993.
- Physical description
- 201 p. ; 23 cm.
- Wilson, William J., 1935-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Underclass - William Julius Wilson Issues, Perspectives, and Public Policy The Cost of Racial and Class Exclusion in the Inner City - Lo[um]ic J D Wacquant and William Julius Wilson Urban Industrial Transition and the Underclass - John D Kasarda Absent Fathers in the Inner City - Mercer L Sullivan Sex Codes and Family Life Among Poor Inner-City Youths - Elijah Anderson Employment and Marriage Among Inner-City Fathers - Mark Testa et al Single Mothers, The Underclass, and Social Policy - Sara McLanahan and Irwin Garfinkel Puerto Ricans and the Underclass Debate - Marta Tienda Immigration and the Underclass - Robert D Reischauer The Urban Homeless - Peter H Rossi and James D Wright A Portrait of Urban Dislocation Equal Opportunity and the Estranged Poor - Jennifer L Hochschild The Logic of Workfare - Lawrence M Mead The Underclass and Work Policy Institutional Change and the Challenge of the Underclass - Richard P Nathan.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume examines the urban underclass from theoretical, empirical and policy perspectives. Focusing strongly on policy, contributors explore such topics as demographic and industrial transitions, family patterns, sexual behaviour, immigration and homelessness. A new introduction updates recent work in the field since publication of the first edition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "An ANNALS publication, sponsored by the American Academy of Political and Social Science."
- 0803952724 (pbk.)
- 9780803952720 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: