A history of Far Eastern art
- Sherman E. Lee.
- 5th ed.
- New York : Prentice Hall : H.N. Abrams, 1994.
- Physical description
- 576 p. ; 30 cm.
- ARTHIST-2-01 -- Asian Arts and Cultures
- Vinograd, Richard E
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Find it On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|N7336 .L43 1994 F||2-hour loan|
|N7336 .L43 1994 F||In-library use|
|N7336 .L43 1994 F||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. Comparative Time Chart. Chronological Tables. Map of Asia East of the Indus River. Guide to Pronunciation. I. EARLY CULTURE AND ART: THE STONE AGE, THE BRONZE AGE, AND THE EARLY IRON AGE. 1. Urban Civilization and the Indus Valley-- Neolithic and Pre-Shang China-- Ban Chieng Culture. 2. Chinese Art from the Shang through the Middle Zhou Period. 3. The Late Zhou Period. 4. The Growth and Expansion of Early Chinese Culture through the Han Dynasty-- Korea and Japan. II. INTERNATIONAL INFLUENCE OF BUDDHIST ART. 5. Early Art in India. 6. The International Gupta Style. 7. The Expansion of Buddhist Art to East Asia. III. THE RISE OF NATIONAL INDIAN AND INDONESIAN STYLES. 8. Early Hindu Art in India. 9. Early Medieval Hindu Art in South and Central India. 10. Later Medieval Hindu Art. 11. The Medieval Art of Southeast Asia and Indonesia. IV. CHINESE, KOREAN, AND JAPANESE NATIONAL STYLES AND THEIR INTERPLAY. 12. The Rise of the Arts of Painting and Ceramics in China. 13. The Beginnings of Developed Japanese Art Styles. 14. Chinese Art of the Song Dynasty and Korean Ceramics of Koryo. 15. Japanese Art of the Kamakura Period. 16. Japanese Art of the Muromachi Period. 17. Later Chinese Art: The Yuan, Ming, and Qing Dynasties. 18. Later Japanese Art: The Momoyama and Edo Periods. Notes. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780133933987 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- For Freshman/Senior-level courses covering all Asian Art including China, Japan, SE Asia, and India. This extensively-illustrated, comprehensive survey history of ALL of Far Eastern art -- from 5000 B.C. to A.D. 1860 -- follows a chronological, geographical/cultural, medium organization throughout.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780133933987 20160528
- Art, East Asian.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: