Selections from seventeenth-century songbooks
- with an introduction by Jenifer W. Angel.
- Los Angeles : William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, University of California, 1954.
- Physical description
- 1 score (vi, 38 p.) : facsim. : 28 cm.
- Publication (Augustan Reprint Society) ; no. 46.
At the library
- Angel, Jenifer W.
- Who looks may leape : from Choice ayres & songs (1611) / Wiliam Byrd
- Musick, the master of thy art is dead : from Henry and William Lawes' Choice psalmes (1648) / by William Lawes
- What er'e you say your eyes are kind : from songs, for one, two, & three voyces (1679) / Henry Bowman
- Though I am yong ; from John Playford's collection, Select musicall ayres (1653) / by Nicholas Laniere
- As freezing fountains : from John Playford's collection, Choice ayres & songs (1681) / by Pelham Humfrey
- Pastoral elegy on the Earl of Rochester : from John Playford's collection, Choice ayres & songs (1681) / by John Blow
- Close thine eyes : from Harmonia sacra (1688) / by Henry Purcell
- Chloe found Amintas lying : from Amphion Anglicus (1700) / by John Blow
- Truth : from Collection of songs (1727) / Richard Leveridge
- The Irish howl : from Mirth and harmony (c. 1713) / George Vangrughe
- Who looks may leape / Byrd [arr. by Jenifer W. Angel
- Musick, the master of thy art is dead / Lawes ; [arr. by Jenifer W. Angel].
- Publication date
- Publication / Augustan Reprint Society ; no. 46
- Songs and part-songs (mostly for 3 voices) intended for performance with and without acc.
- Some works are printed as separate consecutive parts rather than in score.
- No. 46, copy 2 bound with no. 13. 3018509 (parent record's ckey)
Browse related items
Start at call number: