Fifteen Greek plays
- translated into English by Gilbert Murray, Benjamin Bickley Rogers and others; with an introduction, and a supplement from the 'Poetics' of Aristotle, by Lane Cooper.
- New York : Oxford university press, 1943.
- Physical description
- xxii, 794 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- "A list of useful books": p. 793-794.
- Aeschylus: Prometheus bound, tr. by Robert Whitelaw. Agamemnon, Choëphoroe, The Eumenides, tr. by Gilbert Murray.--Sophocles: Oedipus, king of Thebes, tr. by Gilbert Murray. Antigone, tr. by Robert Whitelaw. Oedipus at Colonos, Electra, tr. by Lewis Campbell.--Euripides: Electra, Iphigenia in Tauris, Medea, Hippolytus, tr. by Gilbert Murray.--Aristophanes: The clouds, The birds, The frogs, tr. by B. B. Rogers.
- Publication date
- Revised and enlarged edition of Ten Greek plays published in 1929.
Browse related items
Start at call number: