The Oxford guide to classical mythology in the arts, 1300-1990s
- Jane Davidson Reid ; with the assistance of Chris Rohmann.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 26 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Library has: v.1-
|NX650 .M9 R45 1993 V.1||In-library use|
|NX650 .M9 R45 1993 V.2||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Vol. 1. Achelous-Leander
- v. 2. Leda-Zeus.
- Publisher's Summary
- This unique work of reference offers a topically classified chronology of more than 20,000 artworks from c.1300 to the present day that take as their theme the subject of Greek and Roman mythology. Alphabetically arranged by subject and covering all the mythical events and beings of antiquity, entries list in chronological order how they have been represented in painting, sculpture, music, dance, opera, and literature over the last six centuries. There is also a wealth of information about the pertinent myth, the names of works and their creators, and the present location of works of fine art. Fully cross-referenced, and complete with bibliographies and an extensive artist index, this will be an invaluable tool for the study of the history of the arts in the Western world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Related Work
- Classical mythology in the arts, 1330-1990s.
- 0195049985 (v. 1)
- 9780195049985 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: