Stowe : a description of the magnificent house and gardens of the Right Honourable Richard Grenville Temple, Earl Temple, Viscount and Baron Cobham ... : embellished with a general plan of the gardens, and also a separate plan of the house and of each building, with perspective views of the same
- A new edition / with all the alterations and improvements that have been made therein, to the present time ; with the description of the inside of the house.
- London : Printed for J. and F. Rivington in St. Paul's Church-yard, B. Seeley in Buckingham, and T. Hodgkinson at the New Inn at Stowe, 1773.
- Physical description
- 44 p.,  leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SB466 .G8 S768 1773||In-library use|
- Cobham, Richard Temple, Viscount, 1669?-1749 > Homes and haunts > England > Buckinghamshire.
- Stowe (England) > Early works to 1800.
- Architecture, Domestic > Great Britain > Early works to 1800.
- Formal gardens > England > Early works to 1800.
- Stowe Gardens (England) > Early works to 1800.
- Local subject
- Bibliothèque des Crenées.
- Publication date
- Dedication signed: B. Seeley.
- Illustrations include "prints drawn in perspective by B. Seeley ... also a plan of the principal floor of the house, and plans of the buildings in the gardens ... drawn by Mr. Fairchild"--t.p. verso.
- ESTC (RLIN), N23397.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #1044.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Bibliotheque des Crenees (ink-stamp).
Browse related items
Start at call number: