Henry Cowell, classic ultramodernist. Volume II [sound recording].
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- Ocean, N.J. : Musical Heritage Society, p1992.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (65 min., 46 sec.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 pamphlet (8 p.)
- Piano pieces. Deep color ; The fairy answer ; Fabric ; Tiger (15:15)
- Quartet for flute, oboe, cello, and harpsichord (10:58)
- Three anti-modernist songs. A sharp where you'd expect a natural ; Hark from the pit a fearsome sound ; Who wrote this fiendish "Rite of spring" (6:59)
- Suite for violin and piano (11:19)
- Polyphonica : for small orchestra (3:46)
- Irish suite : for string piano and small orchestra. The banshee ; The leprechaun ; The fairy bells (16:47).
- Included Work
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Piano music. Selections.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Quartets, harpsichord, flute, oboe, cello.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Anti-modernist songs.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Suites, violin, piano.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Polyphonica.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965. Irish suite.
- Release date
- Production date
- Eds. recorded: Associated Music Publishers (Fabric, Fairy answer, Tiger, Quartet, Suite, Polyphonica).
- Compact disc (DDD).
- Program notes by Joel Sachs, notes on the performers, and song texts in container.
- Ellen Lang, soprano (3rd work) ; Mia Wu, violin (4th work) ; Continuum (musical group) ; Cheryl Seltzer, Joel Sachs, directors, piano.
- Recorded at the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters, New York City, Apr. 1990.
- Related Work
- Classic ultramodernist. Volume II.
- Publisher Number
- 513109Z Musical Heritage Society
Browse related items
Start at call number: