The Common law of Europe and the future of legal education
- edited by Bruno de Witte & Caroline Forder = Le droit commun de l'Europe et l'avenir de l'enseignement juridique / sous la direction de Bruno de Witte & Caroline Forder.
- Deventer, The Netherlands ; Cambridge, MA, USA : Kluwer, c1992.
- Physical description
- xiv, 764 p. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Legal method in the legal curriculum, Job Cohen. General issues / questions generales-- public law / droit public-- private law / droit prive-- company and economic law / droit des societes et droit economique-- labour and social law / droit social-- social scientific views / la perspective des sciences sociales-- historical traditions / traditions historiques-- methodological and philosophical aspects / aspects methodologiques et philosophiques.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
A collection of reports prepared in view of a conference organized by the Faculty of Law of the Rijksuniversiteit Limburg at Maastricht on the occasion of its tenth anniversary in September 1991. The object of the conference "Legal Education in the Future" was to discuss whether one should develop in the near, or at least foreseeable, future, a "European Law School", in which the "ius commune Europaeum" would replace the national legal system as the central element of the curriculum. In all European countries, at present, law and the teaching of law tend to focus on national concerns. Comparative law is mostly concerned to emphasize the differences between legal systems and less to searching for common roots and principles. The conference participants examine the intellectual resources that might allow for a redirection of the emphasis towards the teaching of common rules and principles in a "European Law School" accessible to students of all countries and leading to transnational professional careers. Topics covered include public law, private law, company and economic law, criminal law, labour and social law, and social and scientific views.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- English and French.
- "Reports prepared for a conference organised by the Faculty of Law of the Rijksuniversiteit Limburg at Maastricht on the occasion of its tenth anniversary, in September 1991"--P. v.
- "Ius commune Europaeum"--Cover.
- Related Work
- Droit commun de l'Europe et l'avenir de l'enseignement juridique.
Browse related items
Start at call number: