Responsible science : ensuring the integrity of the research process
- Corporate Author
- Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy (U.S.) Panel on Scientific Responsibility and the Conduct of Research.
- Washington, D.C. : Nationl Academy Press, 1992-
- Physical description
- v. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Volume II of "Responsible Science" includes background papers and selected institutional reports, policies, and procedures that were used to develop Volume I. Topics discussed include: traditions of mentorship in science; data handling practices in the biological sciences; academic policies and standards governing the conduct of research practices; congressional interest in issues of misconduct and integrity in science; the regulatory experience of human subjects research; and the roles of scientific and engineering societies in fostering research integrity. The panel also considers numerous institutional policy statements adopted by research universities and professional societies that address different aspects of misconduct or integrity in science. These statements have been selected to convey the diverse approaches for addressing such matters within research institutions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Panel on Scientific Responsibility and the Conduct of Research, Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine.
- 9780309045919 (v. 1)
- 0309047889 (v. 2)
- 9780309047883 (v. 2)