Biotechnology : a multi-volume comprehensive treatise
- edited by H.-J. Rehm and G. Reed in cooperation with A. Pühler and P. Stadler.
- 2nd, completely rev. ed.
- Weinheim ; New York : VCH, c1991-2001.
- Physical description
- 13 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
4. v.5a- b. v.6- 7. v.8a- b. v.9- 10. v.11a- c. v.12
Library has: Index: 1 v. <cumulative index>
Library has: v.4
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 INDEX||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.1||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.2||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.3||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.4||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.4||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.5A||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.5B||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.6||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.7||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.8A||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.8B||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.9||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.10||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.11A||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.11B||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.11C||Unknown|
|TP248.2 .B5465 1991 V.12||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biological Fundamentals. Genetic Fundamentals and Genetic Engineering. Bioprocessing. Measuring, Modelling, and Control. Recombinant Proteins, Monoclonal Antibodies, and Therapeutic Genes. Genomics and Bioinformatics. Products of Primary Metabolism. Products of Secondary Metabolism. Biotransformations I. Biotransformations II. Enzymes, Biomass, Food and Feed. Special Processes. Environmental Processes I - Wastewater Treatment. Environmental Processes II - Soil Decontamination. Environmental Processes III - Solid Waste and Waste Gas Treatment, Preparation of Drinking Water. Legal, Economic and Ethical Dimensions. Cumulative Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283101 20160527
- GENERAL ASPECTS-- Cell Structure (F. Mayer)-- Metabolism (R. Kr?mer & G. Sprenger)-- Growth of Microorganisms (C. Posten & C. Cooney)-- Overproduction of Metabolites (O. Neijssel, et al.)-- Metabolic Design (H. Sahm)-- Special Morphological and Metabolic Behavior of Immobilized Microorganisms (H.-J-- Rehm & S. Omar)-- BIOLOGY OF INDUSTRIAL ORGANISMS-- Methanogens (H. K?nig)-- Methylotrophs (L. Dijkhuizen)-- Clostridia (H. Bahl & P. D?rre)-- Lactic Acid Bacteria (M. Teuber)-- Bacillus (F. Priest)-- Pseudomonads (G. Auling)-- Streptomycetes and Corynebacteria (W. Piepersberg)-- Yeasts (J. Heinisch & C. Hollenberg)-- Filamentous Fungi (F. Meinhardt & K. Esser)-- Bacteriophages (H. Sandmeier & J. Meyer)-- Plant Cell Cultures (M. Petersen & A. Alfermann)-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283118 20160527
- General screening-- coenzymes-- antibiotics-- immunosuppressants.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283170 20160527
- Instruments-- measurements in bioreactor systems-- modelling of bioreactor systems-- control and automation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283149 20160527
- Methodology-- alicyclic and heteroalicyclic compounds-- amino acids and peptides-- carbohydrates-- lipid esterification.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283187 20160527
- Part 1 Classical genetics: mutagenesis, A. Crueger-- genetic exchange processes for prokaryotes, B.W. Holloway-- genetic exchange processes in lower eukaryotes, U. Stahl and K. Esser-- cell fusion, J. Anne-- gene mapping in animals and plants, G. Wricke, et al. Part 2 Molecular genetics: structure and function of DNA, F. Gotz-- principles of gene expression, R. Mattes-- DNA sequencing, G. Volckaert, et al-- DNA synthesis, J.W. Engels, et al. Part 3 Genetic engineering of microorganisms: principels of genetic engineering of "Escherichia coli", H. Schwab-- genetic engineering of gram negative bacteria, U.B. Priefer-- genetic engineering of gram positive bacteria, W. Wohlleben, et al-- genetic engineering of yeast, P.E. Sudbery-- genetic engineering of filamentous fungi, G. Turner. Part 4 Genetic engineering of plants: genetic engineering of plant cells, G. Kahl and K. Weising-- transgenic plants, L. Willmitzer. Part 5 Genetic engineering of animal cells, M. Wirth and H. Hauser-- transgenic animals, G. Brem. Part 6 Biosafety concepts: safety aspects in biotechnology, R. Simon and W. Frommer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283125 20160527
- Partial table of contents:-- NATURE AND ISSUES OF BIOPROCESSING-- Fermentation -An Overview-- Overview of Downstream Processing-- PRODUCT RECOVERY AND PURIFICATION-- Cell and Cell Debris Removal.: Centrifugation and Crossflow Filtration-- Cell Disruption and Isolation of Non-Secreted Productions-- PROCESS VALIDATION, REGULATORY ISSUES-- Analytical Protein Chemistry-- Treatment of Biological Waste-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283132 20160527
- Structure of proteins-- protein engineering - novel properties-- genetically engineered proteins-- monoclonal antibodies-- beyond the proteins - replacement of proteins in therapy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283156 20160527
- Energy from the renewable resources-- biosensors and "bioelectronics"-- leaching of metals-- viatmins-- determination of genomes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283200 20160528
- GENERAL ASPECTS.Contaminated Soil Areas, Different Countries and Contaminants. Monitoring of Contaminants (W. Ulrici).Characterization of the Geological and Hydrogeological Situation, Effects on Natural Geochemical Barriers and Remediation (W. Coldewey & C. Klinger).Bioavailability of Contaminants (B. Mahro)."Humification" Process or Formation of Refractory Soil Organic Matter (M. K?stner).Ecotoxicological Assessment (A. Eisentr?ger & K. Hund).MICROBIOLOGICAL ASPECTS.Aerobic Degradation by Microoganisms (W. Fritsche & M. Hofrichter).Principles of Anaerobic Degradation of Organic Compounds (B. Schink).Bacterial Degradation of Aliphatic Hydrocarbons (J. Vlieg & D. Janssen).Degradation of Aromatic and Polyaromatic Compounds (M. K?stner).Degradation of Chlorinated Compounds (C. Wischnak & R. M?ller).Microbial Degradation of Compounds with Nitro Functions (K.-H. Blotevogel & T. Gorontzy).PROCESSES FOR SOIL CLEAN-UP.Thermal Processes, Scrubbing/Extraction, Bioremediation and Disposal (M. Koning, et al.).Bioremediation with Heap Technique (V. Schulz-Berendt).Bioreactors (R. Kleijntjens & K. Luyben).In situ Remediation (T. Held & H. D?rr).Degradation by Plants - Phytoremedation of Organics (J. Schnoor).Phytoremedation of Metals (D. Salt & A. Baker).Advanced in situ Bioremediation - A Hierarchy of Technology Choices (R. Unterman, et al.).Application of Immobilized Microorganisms in Soil Decontamination (H.-J. Rehm).Bacterial Activity Enhancement and Soil Decontamination (F.-M. Menn, et al.).Genetically Engineered Microorganisms and Bioremediation (F.-M. Menn, et al.).Possibilities, Limits, and Future Developments of Soil Bioremediation (J. Klein).Sampling and Investigation of Solid Matter (M. Roemer).Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283231 20160528
- Introduction (D. Kelly). CARBON--CARBON BOND FORMATION, ADDITION, ELIMINATION AND SUBSTITUTION REACTIONS. Carbon--Carbon Bond Formation Using Enzymes (A. Curtis). Lyases (D. Kelly & J. Mahdi). Halocompounds (G. Robinson, et. al.). Phosphorylation (S. Jones). Enzymes in Carbohydrate Chemistry: Formation of Glycosidic Linkages (S. Flitsch & G. Watt). APPLICATIONS-- Industrial Biotransformations (U. Bornscheuer). Regioselective Oxidation of Aminosorbitol with Gluconobacter oxydans, A Key Reaction in the Industrial Synthesis of 1--Deoxynojirimycin (M. Schedel). Engineering Microbial Pathways for Amino Acid Production (I. Fotheringham). Biotechnological Production of Natural Aroma Chemicals by Fermentation Processes (J. Rabenhorst). Synthetic Applications of Enzyme--Catalyzed Reactions (J. McGregor--Jones). THE FUTURE OF BIOTRANSFORMATIONS-- Catalytic Antibodies (G. Blackburn & A. Carcon). Synthetic Enzymes: Artificial Pestides in Stereoselective Synthesis (P. Bentley). Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283248 20160528
- Application domains: model organisms-- the human genome-- genetic diseases-- drug development-- industrial products from genomes-- agrifood and genomics. DNA technologies: mapping-- sequencing technology-- genotyping-- DNA chips and microarrays. Protein technologies: 2D gels and mass spectroscopy-- capillary electrophoresis. Bioinformatics: databases for genomics-- tools for DNA technologies-- tools for protein technologies-- structure information-- automated genome annotation and comparative genomics-- protein-protein interaction databases. Ethical, legal and social issues: patenting genetic information-- ethical aspects of genome research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283286 20160528
- Part I Solid waste treatment: overview of process including non-biological processes-- technology and strategies of composting-- hygienic considerations of aerobic-- anaerobic treatment of wastewater, sludge, biowaste, and compost. Part II Waste gas treatment: general aspects-- process engineering of biological waste gas purification plants-- processes - bioscrubbers-- biofilters-- trickling filters-- membrance processes and other alternative techniques-- applications - hygienic aspects of waste gas purification-- commerical applications of biological waste gas purification. Part III Drinking water preparation: overview-- biofiltration-- hygienic aspects-- artificial groundwater recharge annd bank filtration. (Part contents).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283361 20160528
- none - compilation of index entries.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283378 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- A compact presentation of all the important steps of a biotechnological production process - product formation, recovery and purification - with emphasis on reactor types, media sterilization, oxygen transfer or quality control.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283132 20160527
- This volume discusses the products of secondary metabolism such as coenzymes, antibiotics and immunosuppressants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283170 20160527
- Biotransformations have developed into an important tool of organic synthesis. Most synthetic sequences should benefit from the use of a biotransformation step and the use of multiple enzyme single pot reactions enables several steps to be telescoped together. This volume provides a comprehensive guide to the established and emerging uses of enzymes. Each chapter is devoted to a single class of transformation so that the competing possibilities can be readily compared and there is a strong emphasis on practical and reliable reactions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283187 20160527
- Everybody involved in biotechnology will appreciate having this volume at their fingertips. It contains the biological background material which is indispensable for the development of biotechnological processes and offers a unique collection of current information on the basic biology (ecology, taxonomy, biochemistry, physiology, and genetics) of industrially important organisms. The first part of the book presents the biological aspects of cell structure, organization, and metabolism to obtain a better understanding of the general function of cells. The second part deals with a large assemblage of insustrially important organisms. All of this information will be a useful basis for those who suddenly find themselves working on a new biotechnological project. Topics included are: Cell Structure/ Metabolism/ Growth of Microorganisms/ Metabolic Design/ Immobilized Organisms/ Methylotrophs/ Pseudomonads/ Yeasts/ Filamentous Fungi/ Bacteriophages/ Cell Cultures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283118 20160527
- In the field of medicinal biotechnology, three major developments have caused a revolution in research that has a lot of innovative effects on clinical medicine and future applications on humans. With the availability of tailored recombinant proteins and the opportunity to produce high amounts of monoclonal antibodies, new diagnostic applications have emerged and many therapeutic perspectives, for example, in the treatment of multiple sclerosis and of cancer, are being discussed today. The aim of somatic gene therapy is to re-establish normal cell function by supplying the cells with the respective intact gene. This is a very difficult task and different diseases, for example, AIDS and several metabolic disorders, are under investigation now. So far, first promising approaches exist in cancer therapy. Moreover the book informs about regulatory and economic aspects of these new methods and their applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283156 20160527
- This 12-volume reference work offers the most comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of the whole field available today. Also included are articles written by leading international experts, with strong emphasis placed on gene technology, protein design, cell culture, fermentation technology, modern downstream processing, environmental biotechnology and biosafety concepts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283149 20160527
- This reference work describes the state of biotechnology and serves as a guide to the original literature. It spans the entire field from basic concepts to industrial applications and deals with a wide spectrum of applications. These range from the production of enzymes, biomass, and primary and secondary products of microbial metabolism to the production of foods and feeds, sewage disposal, and other microbial degradations. Volumes 1 and 2 explain the basic concepts of microbial science and bioengineering. The third and fourth volumes describe the industrially important products of microbial metabolism, as well as the production of biomass. The fifth volume deals with the production of foods and feeds with the aid of microbes. Volumes 6A and 6B cover microbial transformations and special microbial processes. Volume 8 deals with biodegradations. The series is intended for microbiologists, biochemists, bioengineers, chemical engineers, and food and pharmaceutical chemists working in industry, academia, and the public sector. A subscription price is available for those signing up for the whole series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283125 20160527
- This volume covers special processes in biotechnology which include: energy from renewable resources; the leaching of metals; and the determination of genomes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283200 20160528
- Biotechnology Second, Completely Revised Edition Edited by H.-J. Rehm and G. Reed in cooperation with A. Puhler and P. Stadler This fully revised and expanded Second Edition takes into account all recent developments in biotechnology. It is extraordinarily broad in scope, up-to-date, carefully structured and well-balanced. "Biotechnology" considers both basic concepts and widely-differing industrial applications: it is a successful synthesis of theory and practice. Any scientist aiming for success in industrial microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology and chemical engineering must turn to "Biotechnology". Volume 11b: This Volume represents the present state of the art in the field of soil bioremediation. On the one side it summarizes the microbiological fundamentals of aerobic and anaerobic degradation mechanisms of bacteriae and fungi for all substance groups relevant in contaminated soil as well as of plant mechanisms to eliminate organic and inorganic substances by phytoremediation. On the other side it presents all the techniques developed since more than one decade to commercially solve, the problems of contaminated sites by biological processes. Furtheron it gives a survey on future developments and trends in overcoming soil contamination problems by using near-nature methods called as e.g. natural attenuation or intrinsic bioremediation. Topics included in Volume 11b are: International Approaches Sampling and Analysis of Soil Soil Geology and Geochemical Barriers Bioavailibility and Humification Processes Ecotoxicological Assessment of Contaminated Soil Aerobic and Anaerobic Degradation of Contaminants: Aliphatics, Aromatics, Compounds with Halogen- and Nitro-Functions Non-biological Processes Biological Processes: Heap and Reactor Technique. In Situ Processes, Phytoremediation Advanced Techniques: Natural Attenuation. Biostimulation. Immobilized Microorganisms. Genetically Engineered Microorganisms Future Aspects.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283231 20160528
- Biotransformations have developed into an important tool of organic synthesis and most synthetic sequences will benefit from the use of a biotransformation step. This volume completes the collection of biotransformations presented in the Biotechnology series. Volumes 8 a and b provide a comprehensive guide to the established and emerging uses of enzymes, each chapter is devoted to a single class of transformation. The description of several bond forming reactions is followed by four chapters on structue and catalytic activity. Case studies of important industrial and synthetic applications round off the practical orientation of the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283248 20160528
- The Second Edition of "Biotechnology" is completed by a cumulative index volume which provides an overview of all volumes consisting of approximately 500 contributions and 11000 printed pages. A user-friedly supplement - of use to all "Biotechnology" users.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283378 20160528
- This volume covers aspects of environmental processes such as: solid waste treatment; waste gas treatment; and drinking water preparation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283361 20160528
- The chapters in this book try to capture the rapidly evolving field of genomics. Overviews of nucleic acid technologies, proteomics and bioinformatics are followed by chapters on applications, including human health, agriculture and comparative genomics. The book also includes two chapters on legal and ethical issues of genomics, a topic that is becoming more and more important.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527283286 20160528
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- 3527283145 (v. 4 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 1560811544 (v. 4 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 3527283110 (v. 1 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283118 (v. 1 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 156081151X (v. 1 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 9781560811510 (v. 1 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 3527283129 (v. 2 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283125 (v. 2 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 1560811528 (v. 2 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 9781560811527 (v. 2 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 3527283137 (v. 3 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283132 (v. 3 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 1560811536 (v. 3 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 9781560811534 (v. 3 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 3527283285 (v. 5 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283286 (v. 5 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 352728317X (v. 7 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283170 (v. 7 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9783527283149 (v. 4 : Weinheim : alk. paper)
- 9781560811541 (v. 4 : N.Y. : alk. paper)
- 3527283188 (v. 8a : alk. paper)
- 9783527283187 (v. 8a : alk. paper)
- 3527283153 (v. 5a : alk. paper)
- 9783527283156 (v. 5a : alk. paper)
- 3527283102 (v. 11a : alk. paper)
- 9783527283101 (v. 11a : alk. paper)
- 3527283234 (v. 11b : alk. paper)
- 9783527283231 (v. 11b : alk. paper)
- 3527283242 (v. 8b : alk. paper)
- 9783527283248 (v. 8b : alk. paper)
- 3527283366 (v. 11c : alk. paper)
- 9783527283361 (v. 11c : alk. paper)
- 352728320X (v. 10 : alk. paper)
- 9783527283200 (v. 10 : alk. paper)
- 3527283374 (Cumulatiave Index)
- 9783527283378 (Cumulatiave Index)
- 1560816023 (12-v. set - New York)
- 9781560816027 (12-v. set - New York)
- 3527283226 (v. 12)
- 9783527283224 (v. 12)
- 3527283196 (v. 9)
- 9783527283194 (v. 9)
- 3527283161 (v. 6)
- 9783527283163 (v. 6)
- 3527283218 (v. 11a)
- 9783527283217 (v. 11a)
Browse related items
Start at call number: