Notes and various readings to Shakespeare
- London, Printed by Henry Hughs, for the author [1779-1783?]
- Physical description
- 3 v. front. (port.) 27 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
|822.33 .EC23 V.1||In-library use|
|822.33 .EC23 V.2||In-library use|
|822.33 .EC23 V.3||In-library use|
- v. 1. Glossary. Notes and various readings, pt. 1 and
- 2. 1779.--
- v. 2. Notes and various readings, pt. 3 and
- 4. Febr. 21st, 1780.--
- v. 3. The school of Shakespeare: or, Authentic extracts from divers English books, that were in print in that author's time; evidently shewing from whence his several fables were taken ... also further extracts ... which or contribute to a due understanding of his writings, or give light to the history of his life or ... of his time. Notitia dramatica; or, Tables of ancient plays, (from their beginning to the restoration of Charles the Second) ... comp. by E. C.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Intended to accompany his edition of "Mr. William Shakespeare, his comedies, histories, and tragedies", 10 v. in octavo, 1767-68.
- Vol. 1 was first issued in 1775 and then withdrawn; this re-issue, dated Mar. 3d, 1779, in the colophon, has a dedication written after the author's death by John Collins, who superintended the printing of the last sheets of v. 3. "Volume the third" has title: The school of Shakespeare: or, authentic extracts from divers English books, that were in print in that author's time ...
- Includes index.
- ESTC (RLIN), T73629.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Bound between pts. 1 & 2 (v. 1) is t.p. for part the first (with imprint London : Printed for Edw. and Cha. Dilly ...) & To the reader, dated Dec. 20, 1774.
- Related Work
- School of Shakespeare
- Notitia dramatica
Browse related items
Start at call number: