Impure science : fraud, compromise, and political influence in scientific research
- Robert Bell.
- New York : Wiley, c1992.
- Physical description
- xvi, 301 p. ; 24 cm.
- Bell, Robert, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -291) and index.
- Short Changed: The Breakdown of Peer Review at the National Science Foundation-- Handing Out the Big Money: Neither Science Nor Sense-- Super Science and Politics-- Doctoring Data: Malfeasance in Basic Research-- Impure Profit: Marketing Medicine in Scientific Research-- Corporate Cash: Conflicts of Interest in Research Funding-- The Pentagon Science Game-- Where Do We Go from Here?-- Notes-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An indictment of scientific research conducted in the USA, which documents cases of influence peddling, doctored research and fraud, and claims to reveal how the twin forces of money and status have compromised and corrupted the pursuit of scientific truth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0471529133 (cloth : alk. paper) : $22.95 (est.)
- 9780471529132 (cloth : alk. paper)