Sweeney's flight : based on the revised text of "Sweeney astray" : with the complete revised text of "Sweeney astray"
- Seamus Heaney ; photographs by Rachel Giese.
- London : Faber and Faber, 1992.
- Physical description
- ix, 117 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Inspired by Seaaemus Heaney's poems, and notably by the mediaeval Irish saga "Buile Suibhne", the photographer Rachel Giese has produced a portfolio of pictures of the northern Irish landscape, covering the boundaries of Mad Sweeney's original kingdom of Dal-Arie. She has recently followed the clues to topography and the natural world in Sweeney's wanderings, and gathered together 40 photographs which Seamus Heaney has matched with extracts and quotations from his book "Sweeney Astray". The whole of the text for "Sweeney Astray" is printed in the second section of this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Included Work
- Heaney, Seamus. Sweeney astray. 1992.
- Publication date
- "This [English] version of Buile Suibhne is based on J.G. O'Keeffe's bilingual edition which was published by the Irish Texts society in 1913"--Introd. to Sweeney astray, p. 87.
- Related Work
- Buile Suibhne Geilt.
- 0571160158 : £20.00
Browse related items
Start at call number: