Geographical studies & Japan
- edited by John Sargent & Richard Wiltshire.
- Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent : Japan Library, 1993.
- Physical description
- 186 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part 1 Historical geography: early British and Japanese atlases-- origins of Japanese geography. Part 2 Contemporary economic geography: head office location-- communications-- trends in economic geography-- rural depopulation-- employment fluctuations. Part 3 Urban geography: community participation-- budget process. Part 4 Theoretical and physical geography-- fractals and central place theory-- British and Japanese drainage basins. Part 5 Regional geography: consumption of space-- South Asian studies-- Damascus.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781873410158 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Papers from 14 of Japan's leading academic experts in geography studies form the principal focus of this collection, unusual in the fact that so wide a range of Japanese scholarship is available in English. Some of the fields covered are historical geography, contemporary economic geography, urban geography, theoretical and physical geography and regional geography. The papers, edited for publication, were presented at the first Anglo-Japanese Geographical seminar, School of Oriental and African studies, University of London, in 1989.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781873410158 20160527
- Publication date
- Papers presented at conference held at the School of Oriental and African Studies (Univ. of London), the Univ. of Sheffield, and the Univ. of Durham in 1988.
- Related Work
- Geographical studies and Japan.
- 1873410190 (pbk.)
- 9781873410196 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: