Four symphonic works [sound recording]
- by Duke Ellington.
- Uniform Title
- Instrumental music. Selections; arranged
- [Ocean, N.J.] : Musical Heritage Society, p1989.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (66 min., 44 sec.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 pamphlet (12 p.)
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974.
- Weiss, Frank Performer
- Heath, Jimmy Performer
- Hanna, Roland Performer
- Faddis, Jon Performer
- Easley, Bill. Performer
- Carter, Ron, 1937- Performer
- Miles, Butch. Performer
- Peress, Maurice Conductor
- Henderson, Luther, 1919-2003
- American Composers Orchestra Performer
- Black, brown and beige suite : Work song ; Come Sunday ; Light / orchestrated by Maurice Peress (18:04)
- Three black kings = Les trois rois noirs : King of the Magi ; King Solomon ; Martin Luther King / orchestrated by Luther Henderson (19:11)
- New world a-comin' : for piano solo and orchestra / orchestrated by Maurice Peress after the original jazz band score by the composer (13:47)
- Harlem : for jazz band and orchestra / orchestrated by Luther Henderson and Maurice Peress (15:23).
- Included Work
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974. Black, brown, and beige arranged.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974 Three black kings; arranged.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974 New world a-comin'; arranged.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974. Harlem arranged.
- Release date
- Production date
- Originally with jazz band or jazz orchestra.
- Eds. recorded: G. Schirmer.
- Compact disc (DDD).
- Program notes by Maurice Peress in pamphlet.
- Frank Wess, alto saxophone (1st work) ; Jimmy Heath, tenor and soprano saxophones (2nd work) ; Sir Roland Hanna, piano (3rd work) ; Jon Faddis, trumpet ; Bill Easley, clarinet ; Ron Carter, bass ; Butch Miles, drums (4th work) ; American Composers Orchestra ; Maurice Peress, conductor.
- Recorded at RCA Studio C, June 27, 1988.
- Publisher Number
- MHS 512335T Musical Heritage Society
Browse related items
Start at call number: