Miseries of human life
- designed and etched by T. Rowlandson.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 1808.
- Physical description
- 1 volume of 50 color plates ; 28 cm
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|71 03960 CB||In-library use|
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827.
- Publication date
- Engraved title page.
- Collection of plates issued singly in 1806, 1807 and 1808.
- Includes the rare plate "Pall Mall" (no. 40)--which is generally replaced with "The Chiropodist". Lacks "Miseries domestic" which is replaced by "Miseries of human life" which is the 1st of a series of 6 usually replacing the 1st set of Miseries (nos. 2-14) Last plate has both imprint and signature of Rowlandson, sometimes replaced by one of the 6 variants.
Browse related items
Start at call number: