The handbook of national population censuses. Europe
- Doreen S. Goyer and Gera E. Draaijer.
- New York : Greenwood Press, 1992.
- Physical description
- 544 p.
- Albania-- Andorra-- Austria-- Belgium-- Bulgaria-- Channel Islands-- Czechoslovakia-- Denmark-- England and Wales-- Faroe Islands-- Finland-- France-- Germany-- Gibraltar-- Greece-- Hungary-- Iceland-- Ireland-- Italy-- Liechtenstein-- Luxembourg-- malta-- Man, Isle of-- Monaco-- Netherlands-- Northern Ireland-- Norway-- Poland-- Portugal-- Romania-- San Marino-- Scotland-- Spain-- Sweden-- Switzerland-- USSR-- Vatican City-- Yugoslavia.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Census publications are difficult to find and to use. Changes over time in content and format, lack of uniformity in census taking, differing concepts and terminology, and changes in boundaries and place names make research using census data difficult. This handbook, the final volume in a three-volume set, is designed to ease that difficulty. Earlier volumes included Latin America, the Caribbean, North America, and Oceania; and Africa and Asia. This volume on Europe completes the coverage. The work opens with an introductory discussion providing background on census taking. In alphabetically arranged chapters, it then provides coverage of the contents of the censuses taken in the European states and territories. Appendixes include an international population chart, international topic charts, and a list of variant country names.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0313284261 (alk. paper)
- 9780313284267 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: