Romeo, Juliet : a tragedy
- by William Shakespeare ; pen & ink drawings by Michèle Forgeois ; calligraphy by Mark Livingston.
- [Greenbrae, California] : The Allen Press, mcmlxxxviii 
- Physical description
- 136 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Z239 .A42 S43 1988 F
Note: Copy 2
SCRB 881024 00029
Note: Copy 1
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
- Forgeois, Michèle, 1929-2000, ill.
- Livingston, Mark, calligrapher.
- Rogers, Bruce, 1870-1957, type designer.
- Allen, Lewis M., book designer, printer, binder.
- Allen, Dorothy, 1908-2006, book designer, printer, binder.
- Mackenzie & Harris, compositor.
- Allen Press, publisher.
- Romeo (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Juliet (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Verona (Italy) > Drama.
- Vendetta > Drama.
- Youth > Drama.
- Juliet (Fictitious character)
- Romeo (Fictitious character)
- Italy > Verona.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Romeo and Juliet
- "This book is one of an edition limited to 115 copies. The typeface is Monotype Bembo, based on the type originally cut for Aldus Manutius of Venice in the century preceding Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. For the present edition, the Bembo was set by Mackenzie-Harris and re-set by hand. The display typeface is Centaur, designed by Bruce Rogers. The all-rag, mould made paper is Rives, from France, and printed on an 1882 Albion handpress. Binding for the standard edition is a full gray cloth; for ten special copies, full manuscript vellum, bound by hand by Jenifer Lindsay, London. Designed, printed and bound by Lewis and Dorothy Allen, Greenbrae, California"--Colophon.
- Chapter titles and decorations in colors; orange, green, violet, blue, and brown.
- Bound in gray cloth with black cloth covering half of back board; initials on front cover and title on spine printed in orange; with textured orange endpapers.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 2: Gift of Adrienne Gunst. 220630-2002 (item id)
Browse related items
Start at call number: