The beauties of Boswell : being a series of drawings satirizing Dr. Samuel Johnson's visit with James Boswell to the Western Isles of Scotland
- by Thomas Rowlandson.
- San Francisco : Book Club of California, 1942.
- Physical description
-  pages,  unbound plates (some color) : illustrations ; 30 x 39 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Z239 .G72 R88 1942 F
Note: Copy 2
Z239 .G72 R88 F
Note: Copy 1
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795. Journal of a tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson, LL.D.
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 > Caricatures and cartoons.
- Caricatures and cartoons > Great Britain.
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.
- Journal of a tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson, LL.D (Boswell, James)
- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Great Britain.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title from facsimile of original title page: Picturesque beauties of Boswell, part the first : containing ten prints
- "Two hundred and fifty copies have been printed for the Book Club of California in December 1942 by the Grabhorn Press, San Francisco. The Rowlandson drawings have been reproduced from the original 1786 edition, by permission of the owner, Moore S. Achenbach"--Colophon.
- Explanatory text signed: Flodden W. Heron.
- Heller & Magee. Bib. Grabhorn Press, 379
- Laid in portfolio quarter bound in red fabric and patterned paper covered boards with title label on front cover.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #5590 (c.2).
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 2: Gift of Adrienne Gunst. Provenance: Morgan A. Gunst (bookplate on inside of porfolio front cover). 2182169-2002 (item id)
Browse related items
Start at call number: