Publius Vergilius Maro. Bucolica, Georgica et Æneis ...
- Uniform Title
- Works. Latin. Didot. 1800
- Londini, apud A. Dulau & co., 1800.
- Physical description
- 2 v. plates. 28 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239.2 .B45 V4 CB||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Printed on vellum paper by T. Bensley, London.
- Reprint of Didot's folio edition, Paris, 1798, with plates (engraved by Bartolozzi, Fittler, Sharp, and Neagle) copied from those of Gerard and Girodet in the Paris edition. In this copy there are 15 plates--one to each book of the Aeneis, one to the Bucolica, and two to the Georgica. cf. Schweiger, Class. bibl. latein. schriftst.; Brunet's Manuel.
- Bound in red morocco by C. Hering, London.
- Armorial bookplate of John Buckstone.
Browse related items
Start at call number: