Hypnerotomachia Poliphili ubi humana omnia non nisi somnium esse doce : atque obiter plurima scitu sane quam digna commemorat ...
- Uniform Title
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili
- Venetiis : In aedibus Aldi Manutii, accuratissime, mense Decembri M.ID. [Dec. 1499]
- Physical description
-  p. : ill. ; 31 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|KA1499 .C65 F CB||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Name of the author given in acrostic formed by the first letters of the chapters: Poliam frater Franciscus Columna peramauit.
- "P. Scapecchi, in Accademie e biblioteche d'Italia 51 (1983) pp. 286-98 and 53 (1985) pp. 68-73, argues that Colonna is the dedicatee, and that the author is Fra Eliseo da Treviso."--ISTC (RLIN), ic00767000.
- Imprint from colophon (F4r), in which date precedes printer's name. At bottom of F3r: .M.CCCC.LXVII. Kalendis Maii.
- Signatures: 2⁴ a-y⁸ z¹⁰ A-E⁸€ F⁴.
- C1 missigned E; F4v and z10v are blanks.
- Woodcut capitals.
- Woodcuts on a6v and c1r signed: b.
- Errata: F4r.
- Includes (p. -) contributions by Leonardo Crasso, Johann Baptista Scytha, and Andreas Maro Brixianus. Crasso underwrote the cost of the book's printing. Cf. Gerulaitis, L.V., Printing and publishing in fifteenth-century Venice, p. 4.
- BM 15th cent., v. 5, p. 461 (IB.24500).
- Goff, C-767.
- GW 7223.
- Hain-Copinger, 5501.
- ISTC (RLIN), ic00767000.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Rubrication: red borders. Binding: limp vellum. Binder's title: Hypneroto-machia P[ro?]liphili. In red morocco case, with spine title: Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. Provenance: Templeton Crocker (booklabel), armorial bookplate with motto "A home a home a home." Line 5 on a1 ends "SANEQV," with an E (?) after the V being erased. Minor ms. additions, some on the illustrations.
Browse related items
Start at call number: