Baroque vocal music
- selected and introduced by Kenneth Cooper.
- New York : Garland, 1988-1989.
- Physical description
- 1 score (2 v.) ; 32 cm.
- Three centuries of music in score ; 11-12
At the library
Stacks (Limited loan)
Library has: v.1-
2 (v.11- 12 in series)
|M2 .T5315 1988 V.11-12 V.11||Unknown|
|M2 .T5315 1988 V.11-12 V.12||Unknown|
- Cooper, Kenneth, 1941- Writer of accompanying material
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. English and German sacred and secular music : c. 1599-1657 : madrigals, ayres, and motets / by Richard Dering ... [et al.].
- 2. Italian and Spanish sacred and secular music / works by Francesco Gasparini ... [et al.].
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Vol. 1 for 2-6 voices with instruments or continuo acc.; vol. 2 principally sacred vocal music for 1-5 voices with string orchestra or continuo acc.
- English, German, and Latin words (v. 1); Latin words (v. 2).
- Reproduced from mss. in the Black Line Prints collection in the Music Division of the New York Public Library, prepared during the 1930s and 1940s under the Work Projects Administration.
- Words of some of the works, with English translations, printed as texts in v. 1, p. xxi-xxxv and at end of v. 2.
- 082400938X (v. 1 : alk. paper) : $60.00
- 0824009398 (v. 2 : alk. paper) : $65.00
- 9780824009380 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780824009397 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: