Science in sport, or, The pleasures of astronomy : a new instructive pastime
- revised & approved by Mrs. Bryan, Blackheath.
- London : Published by Edward Wallis, ca.1815.
- Physical description
- 1 game board ; 45 x 59 cm. folded to 18 x 14 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|QB15 .B79 1815||In-library use|
- Bryan, Margaret, active 1815.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Pleasures of astronomy
- "Introductory observations" and "Laws of the game" printed on game board.
- Game board consists of a hand-colored engraving cut into 15 sections and mounted on linen.
- The 35 playing spaces depict astronomers, astronomical phenomena, facts about the planets and thier orbits, fictional character such as the Man in the Moon, signs of the Zodiac, comets, and rainbows. Astronomer portraits include Ptolemy, Tycho Brahe, Nicolaus Copernicus, and Sir Isaac Newton.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Binding: bound when folded in purple cloth boards with "Astronomy" stamped in gold on front cover.
- England -- London.
Browse related items
Start at call number: