- Stanley R. Sandler, Wolf Karo.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston : Academic Press, c1992-
- Physical description
- v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Organic chemistry (New York, N.Y.) ; v. 29.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Polymerization of Olefinic and Diolefinic Hydrocarbons. Polyesters. Polycarbonates. Polyamides. Polymerization of Aldehydes. Polymerization of Epoxides and Cyclic Ethers. Polyureas. Polyurethanes. Thermally Stable Polymers. Polymerization of Acrylate and Methacrylate Esters. Polymerization of Nitrile Monomers. Polyacrylamide and Related Amides. Organophosphorus Polymers. Free Radical Initiation of Vinyl and Related Monomers. Appendices. References. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185119 20160528
- Preface. Olefin-Sulfur Dioxide Copolymers. Polythioesters. Sulfide Polymers. Polymerization Reactions of Mono- and Diisocyanates. Polyoxyalkylation of Hydroxy Compounds. Polymerization Reactions of N-Vinyl Carbazole and RelatedMonomers. Polymerization of Vinyl Acetate and Other Vinyl Esters. Polymerization of Allyl Esters. Polymerization of Vinyl Floride. Miscellaneous Polymer Preparations. Author Index. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185133 20160528
- Urea, Melamine, Benzoguanamine Aldehyde Resins (Amino Resins or Aminoplasts). Introduction. Urea-Aldehyde Condensations. Melamine-Aldehyde Condensations. Benzoguanamine-Aldehyde Condensations. Miscellaneous Preparations. Phenol Aldehyde Condensations. Introduction. Condensation of Phenol with Aldehydes. Miscellaneous Preparations and Applications. Epoxy Resins. Introduction. Condensation-Elimination Reactions. Oxidation Reactions. Free Radical Reactions. Curing-Polymerization Reactions of Epoxy Compounds and Resins. Miscellaneous Methods. Silicone Resins (Polyorganosiloxanes or Silicones). Introduction. Polyorganosiloxanes. Miscellaneous Silicone Resin Preparations and Compositions. Alkyd Resins. Introduction. Unmodified Alkyds. Modified Alkyds. Alkyds Modified with Vinyl Monomers. Alkyds Modified with Other Thermosetting Resins. Miscellaneous Alkyd Preparations. Polyacetals and Poly(vinyl acetals). Introduction. Polyacetals from Formaldehyde. Polyacetals from Substituted Aldehydes. Polyacetals with Other Functional Groups. Polyketals. Polythioacetals and Polythioketals. Poly(vinyl acetals). Miscellaneous Preparations. Poly(vinyl ethers). Introduction. Cationic Polymerization. Free-Radical Polymerization. Coordination-Catalyzed Polymerization. Miscellaneous Preparations. Poly(N-Vinylpyrrolidone). Nomenclature and Molecular Weight Relationships. Introduction. Polymerization Procedures. Miscellaneous Preparations. Polymerization of Acrylic Acids and Related Compounds. Introduction. Polymer Preparations. Polymerization of Itaconic Acid. Polymerization of Salts of the Acrylic Acids. Miscellaneous Preparations. Poly(vinyl chloride). Introduction. Bulk Polymerization. Suspension Polymerization. Emulsion Polymerization. Solution Polymerization. Radiation-Initiated Polymerization. Polymerization with Organometallic Initiators. Miscellaneous. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185126 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This revised and updated Second Edition of "Polymer Synthesis II" continues in the tradition of Volume I in presenting detailed laboratory instructions for the preparation of various polymers. Each chapter is organized by functional groups, and each chapter not only presents preparative methods, but also includes a brief introductory summary, reviews of the very latest journal articles and patents, and safety hazards and precautions. Procedures have been chosen on the basis of safety considerations and ease of being carried out with standard laboratory equipment. This comprehensive treatment of each polymer group makes Polymer Synthesis II an indispensable guide for industrial and academic chemists as well as for students in the field. This edition: covers each polymer class, heavily referencing these with patent literature to illustrate commercial applications; provides new and updated information for each functional group, including: curing agents for epoxy resins, polymerization of vinyl ethers and copolymers, polyvinyl silfides, and polymerization of vinyl pyrrolidone and copolymers; features expanded data tables and updated references; presents numerous citations to new catalysts for each polymer preparation involving ureas; includes a new section - Complex Formulation - involving the preparation of polyacrylic acid and its copolymers; contains many new preparations, including: preparation of t-butyl acrylate copolymers using the Teyssie Method, template polymerization of vinylimidazole on polymethacrylic acid, polymerization of aqueous acrylic acid using AIBN, preparation of polyketals by transketalization, copolymerization of maleic anhydride with ethyl vinyl ether, and complex and template polymerizations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185126 20160528
- This revised and updated second edition of "Polymer Syntheses, Volume I" brings together useful preparative methods for polymers and resins by functional group type that are of interest to both academic and industrial researchers. Several new directions for polymerization procedures have been included and are organized by various methodologies. Tables of physical property data and preparations make this book a valuable addition to any research library or research group. It provides detailed directions for the synthesis of various functional groups, includes up-to-date references to the journal literature and patents (foreign and domestic), and reviews the chemistry for each functional group and suggests where additional research is needed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185119 20160528
- This volume, which completes the Second Edition of this widely respected three-volume set, continues the tradition of providing detailed and concise laboratory instructions for the preparation of organic and inorganic polymers. Updates are provided on the preparation of various types of polymers including olefin-sulfur dioxide copolymers, polythioesters, sulfide polymers, polyisocyanates, polyoxyalkylhydroxy compounds, polyvinyl carbazole, polyvinyl acetate, polyallyl esters, and polyvinyl flouride. The procedures were chosen on the basis of safety and to be representative of preparation methods for a general class of polymers. Fundamental and practical information on polymer synthesis is combined with extensive references and reviews of the patent literature. It brings together useful preparative methods for polymers and resins. It is organized by functional group and includes new polymerization methods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780126185133 20160528
- Beginning date
- Organic chemistry ; v. 29
- 0126185115 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780126185119 (v. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 0126185123 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 9780126185126 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 0126185131 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
- 9780126185133 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: