- Stanley R. Sandler, Wolf Karo.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston : Academic Press, c1992-
- Physical description
- v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Organic chemistry (New York, N.Y.) ; v. 29.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. Olefin-Sulfur Dioxide Copolymers. Polythioesters. Sulfide Polymers. Polymerization Reactions of Mono- and Diisocyanates. Polyoxyalkylation of Hydroxy Compounds. Polymerization Reactions of N-Vinyl Carbazole and RelatedMonomers. Polymerization of Vinyl Acetate and Other Vinyl Esters. Polymerization of Allyl Esters. Polymerization of Vinyl Floride. Miscellaneous Polymer Preparations. Author Index. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume, which completes the Second Edition of this widely respected three-volume set, continues the tradition of providing detailed and concise laboratory instructions for the preparation of organic and inorganic polymers. Updates are provided on the preparation of various types of polymers including olefin-sulfur dioxide copolymers, polythioesters, sulfide polymers, polyisocyanates, polyoxyalkylhydroxy compounds, polyvinyl carbazole, polyvinyl acetate, polyallyl esters, and polyvinyl flouride. The procedures were chosen on the basis of safety and to be representative of preparation methods for a general class of polymers. Fundamental and practical information on polymer synthesis is combined with extensive references and reviews of the patent literature. It brings together useful preparative methods for polymers and resins. It is organized by functional group and includes new polymerization methods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Organic chemistry ; v. 29
- 0126185115 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780126185119 (v. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 0126185123 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 9780126185126 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 0126185131 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
- 9780126185133 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)