A new topographical dictionary of ancient Rome
- L. Richardson, Jr.
- Baltimore : John Hopkins University Press, 1992.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 458 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|DG68 .R5 1992||In-library use|
|DG68 .R5 1992||Unknown|
- Richardson, Lawrence, Jr., 1920-2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first such dictionary since that of Platner and Ashby in 1929, 'A New Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome' defines and describes the known buildings and monuments, as well as the geographical and topographical features, of ancient Rome. It provides a concise history of each, with measurements, dates, and citations of significant ancient and modern sources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0801843006 (alk. paper)
- 9780801843006 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: