The polite lady, or, A course of female education : in a series of letters from a mother to her daughter
- London : Printed for J. Newbery at the Bible and Sun in St. Paul's Churchyard, MDCCLX 
- Physical description
- xii, 287,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 17 cm (12mo)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|BJ1681 .A45 1760||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Course of female education
- First edition.
- Attributed to Charles Allen in Roscoe S. John Newbery and his successors.
- Engraved frontispiece by Le Pautre.
- Signatures: A⁶ B-N¹².
- Opie, B13
- Roscoe, S. John Newbery and his successors, 1740-1814, J8
- Osborne, page 693
- English short title catalogue, T095315
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Frontispiece is hand-colored. Binding: brown leather with raised bands, gilt ruled borders all over, and red speckled edges. Provenance: "Mary Lloyd the gift of Mrs. Okell." (inscription); Sabine Tierney (signature).
- England -- London, -- publication place.
Browse related items
Start at call number: