Environments for supporting decision processes : proceedings of the IFIP WG 8.3 Working Conference on Environments for Supporting Decision Processes, Budapest, Hungary, 18-21 June 1990
- edited by H.G. Sol, J. Vecsenyi.
- Amsterdam ; New York : North-Holland, 1991.
- Physical description
- ix, 385 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Decision Making and the Organizational Environment (E. Mumford). Executive Team Support (K. Williams, R. Zmud). Managing the Lifecycle of Strategic Issues as an Environment for Supporting Decision Processes (O.A. El Sawy). AI Environment for Supporting Citizens (T. Vamos). Decision Support by Knowledge Explanation (V. Rajkovic, M. Bohanec). Modelling and Supporting the Process of Choice Between Alternatives: The Focus of ASTRIDA (D. Berkeley et al.). Problem Solving Support Through Task Analysis: Concepts, Tools and Application (P.W.G. Bots). Negotiation Support Systems (T.R. Hill, B.H. Jones). Information Systems to Support Decision Processes (H.G. Sol). Definition of Favourable Atmosphere for Effective IT Decisions (V. Savolainen). Supporting the Office System Design Process (R.C.J. Dur, H.G. Sol). Computer Support of Decisions in a Social-Political Environment: A Case Study (P. Docherty, K. Ivanov). Helping Social Service Groups Evaluate their Own Programs (Y. Kobashi). Decision Support for People Who Don't Make Decisions (A.D. Taylor, J.C. Weaver). The Effects of Decision Support Systems on Performance (J.E. Kottemann, W.E. Remus). Conceptual Environment for Organization Support Systems (C.C. Holt). The Use of IT in the Investment Process (I. Persson). Support for an Expertise-Based Group (A.M. McCosh). Vehicle Routing and Scheduling Support (R. de Jong, H.G. Sol). PIMS, An Environment Supporting the Process of Project Management (A. Leclerc, J. Paris). Decision Conference for Strategic Issues (F. Feket-Szucs). Network Communication Capabilities and User Perceptions of Task and Social Environments (M.L. Leatherwood, W.N. Dilla, R.J. Boland). Computer Support in Distributed Decision Environment (C. Ching, C.W. Holsapple, A.B. Whinston). An Environment for Adaptive Systems and Organizations (J. Meier, R.H. Sprague). DSS and Unlearning (S.A. Carlsson).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780444887559 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Presented in this book are perspectives on and experiences with changing environments, be it in society, in international relations, in technical networks, in offices and factories, in groups or at an individual level. The past ten years of research and development in the Decision Support System field clearly shows the change in concepts, adjusting to flexible decision making in flexible organizations. The papers are organized around the following topics: - DSS at the top management level - DSS in cognitive environments - DSS for social environments - DSS in complex environments - Distributed decision environments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780444887559 20160528
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: