The chronicle of Fabian, whiche he nameth The concordaunce of histories, newly perused. And continued from the beginnyng of Kyng Henry the Seuenth, to thende of Queene Mary. 1559. mense aprilis
- Imprinted at London, by Jhon Kyngston 
- Physical description
- 2 v. in 1 28cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1/2
|KC1559 .F3||In-library use|
- Fabyan, Robert, -1513
- Publication date
- Engraved t.-p. Black-letter; initials; tail-piece. In double columns.
- Title of v. 2 reads: The seconde volume of Fabians Chronicle, conteinyng the chronicles of Englande & of Fraunce from the beginning of the reigne of King Richard the Firste, vntill the eande of the reigne of Charles the Nineth.
- The work of Fabyan ends with the words (v. 2, p. 525) "And here... I make an ende of the seuenth parte and whole woorke, the seuenth daie of Nouember... MDIIII... The seue[n]th parte... from the first yere of William Conqueroure, to the last yere of Richarde the Third..."
- The continuation, by another hand, has caption title: Here followe the notes of the raignes of Kyng Henry the Seuenth, Kyng Henrie the Eight, Kyng Edwarde the Sixte, and Quene Marie: in soche order as Master Fabian hath vsed here before."
- The account of the progress of Queen Elizabeth from the Tower to Westminster, her coronation, etc., differs from that given in Kingston's earlier edition of the same year, the last paragraph beginning "The viii. daye of Maye the Queenes Hyghnes rode to the Parliament..."
Browse related items
Start at call number: