Safe storage of laboratory chemicals
- edited by David A. Pipitone.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : J. Wiley, c1991.
- Physical description
- xvi, 297 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
QD51 .S22 1991
- In-library use QD51 .S22 1991
- Pipitone, David A. (David Andrew), 1952-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- STORAGE GUIDELINES: The Impact of Federal Regulations-- Storage Requirements for Flammable and Hazardous Chemicals-- Incompatible Chemicals in The Storeroom-- Identification and Segregation-- Labelling Practices in Laboratories, Workplaces and Chemical Storerooms-- Emergency Response for Releases of Laboratory Chemicals-- Computer Applications and Systems for Hazardous Materials and Waste Compliance in the Era of Regulation-- CASE HISTORIES: Industrial Laboratories-- Implementation of an Online IMS Database System for Warehouse and Inventory Management-- Surveys and Inspections at Academic Chemical Storage Facilities-- University of Akron Chemical Storage Facilities-- Safety First in the Elimination of Hazardous Chemicals from School Science Settings.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory George Lunn and Eric B. Sansone This comprehensive guide contains a series of procedures for the safe destruction of a wide variety of hazardous chemicals and also describes how to deal with spills. Each procedure is presented in great detail, thereby eliminating the need for additional references, and most have been extensively validated by international collaborative studies. In addition, many procedures have been tested to see if the final reaction mixtures are mutagenic. 1990 (0 471-51063-7) 271 pp. Chemical Protective Clothing Performance Index Book Krister Forsberg and Lawrence H. Keith This valuable reference contains data on breakthrough times and permeation rates for 650 chemicals and mixtures. The tests performed on over 200 chemical protective clothing (CPC) models - gloves, suits, boots, visors, etc. - were developed by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). The book also discusses the various types of materials used in protective clothing and considers variations in CPC performance due to differences in materials, chemical additives, and manufacturer. 1989 (0 471-51430-6) 308 pp. Ventilation for Control of the Work Environment William A. Burgess, Michael J. Ellenbecker, and Robert Treitman A sourcebook for the specification, design, installation and maintenance of industrial ventilation systems, this text brings the concepts and principles of ventilation into an industrial setting while establishing a theoretical background as well. Emphasizing practical aspects, this book covers principles of fluid mechanics, methods and instrumentation for measuring air flow, hood design, selection and performance, and the design of local exhaust ventilation systems. Air cleaning devices, replacement air systems, and the technology and equipment for conditioning the air in the workplace are also discussed. 1989 (0 471-89219-X) 476 pp.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "A Wiley-Interscience publication."