Nonsuch: land of water
- by William Beebe ... with 55 illustrations. Published under the auspices of the New York Zoological Society.
- New York, Brewer, Warren & Putnam, 1932.
- Physical description
- xv, 259 p. col. front., 46 pl. on 23 . 23 cm.
Also available at
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|QH110 .B4 1932||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
Stephen Jay Gould was a renowned evolutionary biologist, paleontologist, historian of science, educator, popular science author, polymath, and an enthusiastic collector. His papers include, but are not limited to: subject files; coursework and research from his graduate studies at Columbia University; his teaching and administrative files from Harvard University and New York University; organizational and committee files; conference, lecture, and symposia files; research files and data; photographs; artifacts and memorabilia (including specimens); clippings and scrapbooks; photographs; audiovisual materials; biographical materials; files related to Gould’s passion for baseball and music; and various reprints and manuscripts by others. The Stephen J. Gould Rare Books Collection, part of the larger Stephen J. Gould Papers bequest to the Stanford University Libraries, consists of approximately 1,500 rare, antiquarian books, some dating back to the late 1400s.
- Digital collection
- 1026 digital items
Item is featured in an exhibit Item is featured in exhibits
- Publication date
- Illustrated lining-papers.
- "This volume is the first of four ... dealing with the life in the waters about Nonsuch, Bermuda."--Pref.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Stephen Jay Gould Collection. Provenance: Alice H. Bosley (signature).
Browse related items
Start at call number: