A Dictionary of Marxist thought
- edited by Tom Bottomore.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge, MA : Blackwell, 1991.
- Physical description
- xiii, 647 p. ; 24 cm.
- Bottomore, T. B., 1920-1992
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface List of Contributors Editor's Introduction to the New Edition A Dictionary of Marxist Thought Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780631164814 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This book, part dictionary and part encyclopaedia, has become the standard reference work on the concepts of Marxism and the individuals and schools of thought that have subsequently contributed to the body of Marxist ideas. The dictionary has been fulled revised and updated, with over fifty new entries on major texts, on topics that have become relevant since the first edition appeared, and in areas where the state of knowledge and understanding has moved significantly. All entries have been revised where needed, all reading lists updated, and the bibliography has been completely revised and expanded.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780631164814 20160527
- This book, part dictionary and part encyclopedia, aims to provide the user with a clear but scholarly guide both to the basic concepts of Marxism and to the individuals and schools of thought whose work has contributed to forming the body of Marxist ideas since Marx's day. It is designed to be of use both to those who encounter Marxist conceptions in the course of their own studies and to the many people who want to be informed about a theory and doctrine that has played, and continues to play, a major part in shaping the present-day world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780631180821 20160528
- Publication date
- 0631180826 (pbk.)
- 9780631180821 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: